Latest Payments News
The Department is pleased to announce that the rates for home tuition payments have increased for all tuition provided from the 9th January 2017. The new rates are:
|Fully Qualified Primary Teacher||€ 35.10 per hour|
|Fully Qualified Post Primary Teacher||€ 41.10 per hour |
|Unqualified teacher in the sector||€ 28.04 per hour|
Tutors should consult paragraph 6 of the FAQ for tutors to establish what is meant by a fully qualified teacher.
Tuition Provided to
Rreceived in order in the Department by
Will be paid on
|31 January 2017||10 February 2017||23 February 2017|
- Parents and tutors are reminded that the payment claim form HT1A is now to be used for all tuition provided from Jan 2017
- Tutors who are currently providing tuition should note that a P60 statement will automatically issue to you shortly outlining the payments that were issued to you during the financial year 2016 by this Department.
Payment of Home Tuition
Home tuition payments are made directly by this Department to the approved tutor acting on behalf of the parent/ legal guardian once a payment claim form is received. Detailed information and all claim forms required for the 2016/2017 are listed below:
Note: Where TUSLA engage a tutor, payment is issued to TUSLA directly
Home Tuition Scheme 2016/2017 Payments - FAQ for Parents and Legal Guardians
FAQs for the 2016/2017 Home Tuition Schemes operated by the Department are intended as a guide to assist parents/legal guardians, as well as teachers/tutors, with answers to the majority of questions in relation to the payment of the grant. A separate payroll information note is available to approved tutors.
Queries relating to the payment to approved home tuition tutors:
- Address: Special Needs and Tuition Grants, Department of Education & Skills, Cornamaddy, Athlone, Co. Westmeath. N37 X659
- Phone: (090) 648 3750 / 3872 / 3854
Queries relating to the application of a tax credit certificate for home tutors:
- Address: Non Teaching Service payroll (NTS), Department of Education & Skills, Cornamaddy, Athlone, Co. Westmeath. N37 X659
- Phone: (090) 648 4147